WHAT AND WHY IS A GOOD WORK CULTURE IMPORTANT?
Work culture is a system of shared values and policies which govern how people behave in organizations. It is that formula which guides, inspires and motivates employees. It is also an effective tool for attracting and attaining great talent. To have a good work culture is as important as the strategy of an organization and can prove to be an excellent instrument to draw partners, investors and achieve success.
WHAT DRIVES EMPLOYEES TO WORK?
A study by Forbes answers the important question - What Motivates Employees to 'Go the Extra Mile?'
- Camaraderie, peer motivation (20%)
- Intrinsic desire to a good job (17%)
- Feeling encouraged and recognized (13%)
- Having a real impact (10%)
- Growing professionally (8%)
- Meeting client/customer needs (8%)
- Money and benefits (7%)
- Positive supervisor/senior management (4%)
- Believe in the company/product (4%)
- Other (9%)
HOW DO WE ACHIEVE A GOOD WORK CULTURE?
At Maison de Voyage a good work culture is achieved through our Values, Traditions, Interactions, and Attitude.
- Respecting each other and being an effective team player.
- Working with accountability.
- Functioning effectively and in detail.
- Delivering timely and qualitative responses.
- Morning lighting of lamp ritual to bring in peace and positivity.
- Putting up a thought for the day and sharing interesting articles on the soft board.
- Monthly team outings to unwind and bond in an informal setting.
- Celebrating birthdays and festivals like Diwali, Eid and Christmas.
- Engage in open communication.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Gracefully handling pressure.
- Share praise and accept accountability equally.
- Keep a positive and confident outlook.
- Be open to learning new things.
- Have realistic (yet challenging) goals to keep us motivated and productive.
- Aim to bring a smile at the end of every business interaction